Production Engineer - * Mandarin Speaking Preferred *
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our team with a young and growing international company operating in New Zealand, the USA and China.
We make great products for live touring events that our customers love. Get to know us more by exploring our website.
Training and orientation for this role will happen on the job! The successful applicant will travel to China and potentially the USA in the coming year.
About the role
Building on the solid reputation that Fiasco has already established the role includes day to day manufacturing in Cambridge as well as regular interaction with our manufacturing teams in China and the USA. You will take an active interest in manufacturing technology to ensure products are being produced as efficiently as possible.
Job responsibilities include:
- CNC router operations.
- Assemble cases, inserts and other Fiasco products.
- Supervise and manage schedules of assembly staff.
- Complete design work as required for immediate production needs.
- Operate in an exceptionally organised, clean and tidy fashion.
Benefits and perks
- Work as part of an agile and creative team.
- Travel to China and USA.
- Great team with potential to pursue career opportunities within the organisation.
A trade qualification, ideally Joinery, Carpentry or Furniture.
Diploma or degree in engineering.
A proven track record of being generally clever.
Skills and experience:
- A proven history of building, making things and an interest in innovation.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
- An understanding of CNC based manufacturing techniques.
- An attitude open to gaining understanding, i.e the ability to understand and then solve any challenge.
- Professional, proactive problem solving skill set that adds value to the Fiasco team.
- Productive work habits through efficient use of time and resources.
- Can deliver work consistently in a timely manner and to the appropriate standard.
- Great interpersonal skills (communication, listening and reliability)
- Proactively seeks improvement opportunities.
- Operates with high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
You will be partnered with our Product Design Engineer and work closely with the wider Fiasco Cases team in New Zealand, USA and China.
If this sounds like the challenge you need in 2019, then get in touch. Don’t be afraid to break from the standard application format, sell yourself to us. Be sure to check out our website - fiasco.co.nz to understand who we are and what we are about and tailor your application and cover letter accordingly.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in NZ